[PyQt] kdebindings 4.4.4 build failure with sip-4.11.1 continues

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu Sep 30 20:40:31 BST 2010

Hello,

On 09/30/2010 02:27 PM, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:25:21 +0200, "Hans-Peter Jansen"<hpj at urpla.net>
> wrote:
>> Yes, that fixed this problem. Thanks a bunch. I guess, sip got pickier
>> about
>> multiply defined type converters lately.
>>
>> Unfurtunately, here's the next stumbling point:
>>
>> /usr/include/kio/tcpslavebase.h: In function 'PyObject*
>> slot_KIO_TCPSlaveBase_SslResult___xor__(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
>> /usr/include/kio/tcpslavebase.h:63: error: 'enum
>> KIO::TCPSlaveBase::SslResultDetail' is protected
>> /usr/share/sip/PyQt4/QtCore/qglobal.sip:320: error: within this context
>> /usr/include/kio/tcpslavebase.h: In function 'PyObject*
>> slot_KIO_TCPSlaveBase_SslResult___or__(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
>> /usr/include/kio/tcpslavebase.h:63: error: 'enum
>> KIO::TCPSlaveBase::SslResultDetail' is protected
>> /usr/share/sip/PyQt4/QtCore/qglobal.sip:315: error: within this context
>>
>> Phil, this one is due to the logic operator changes. It's not obvious,
>> what's
>> going wrong, but related to the friend class QFlags declararation, where
>
>> qglobal.sip got pulled in..
>
> Try changing global.sip with...

I tried to build PyKDE 4.5 the other day and got the same problem as
what Hans-Peter describes. I just tried your advice Phil and it looks
like it fixed the compile problem.

thanks Phil and Hans,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/