[PyQt] syntax for converting C++ class template function to sip?

Qin Shen jeanshen at tippett.com
Thu Sep 30 22:41:44 BST 2010

Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:06:58 -0700, Qin Shen <jeanshen at tippett.com> wrote:
>
>> I have template functions inside a non-template class.
>>
>>     template <typename T>
>>     List(const T &value);
>>
>>     template <typename T>
>>     List &append(const T &value);
>>
>> I copied them over to a sip file without changing their syntax. SIP
>> complains about the
>> syntax error. I couldn't seem to find any related info from the SIP
>> reference guide.
>> Is there anything specific I have to do to make it work?
>>

> Look at PyQt's qlist.sip file.

Thanks, Phil. This is a simple list type which I can do the same as
Qlist does.

But what about any random template member function such as,

        template <typename T>
        FilterBy &And(const std::string &path,
                      const std::string &relation,
                      const T &value)

Do I need to do something similar to what this post said?

    http://www.mail-archive.com/pyqt@riverbankcomputing.com/msg00531.html

Thanks a lot,

-Jean