[PyQt] QTreeWidget/View: reimplementing drawTree()

James Polk jpolk5001 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 17:59:50 BST 2011

Hi Phil,...thanks for your email..

mmm,..how'bout drawBranch()...is that re-implementable?

To explain a bit more,...the problem I'm having is that the "tree lines/branches"
that display in the Tree view are taking the color of the background and so
appear to be invisible.  By default, Maya uses a certain color scheme,...
if I launch with a different color scheme (which is possible with Maya but
my user base won't change) then the lines show up  (as black lines on a
very light-to-white background).

While I have familiarity with using a delegate for handling model/view items,
(Kudos to Pete ;-) it doesn't appear such a delegate is able to handle the actual
line tree/branches....

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Jim