[PyQt] Loading Hierarchical Data Structures into QTreeView

James Polk jpolk5001 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 18:53:27 BST 2011

Greetings All,

I have a database that is organized into a structured hierarchy, much like a
typical directory tree full of files and folders.  I need to load this database into
a QTreeView for viewing and possible editing.

I've seen examples using os.walk() where it parses a real directory tree,etc...
Can os.walk() be re-purposed to take its input from something other than a
directory tree?  Are there any other tools out there for handling such data?
The data is not in XML format,...just plain ASCII string information.

Any shared thoughts, advice, and/or related experiences would be
very appreciated.

Thanks!
-JP