[PyQt] dip and data sources

Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 17:55:49 BST 2011

Hi folks, I am starting a new application with PyQt4 and dip. The
application itself is something like a Dicom explorer. I need to
explore data from different sources and present it to the user. Data
will be presented with an structure like this:

Patient  <1 ------------ *> Study <1 ------------ *> Serie <1
-------------- *> Image

but I need to read the information from diffent sources, for example,
a directory in the file system, from a dicom server, from an http data
source. My first design was something like this:

class IDataSource(Interface):

    def query(...):

    def read(...):

class IWritableDataSource(IDataSource)

    def store(...):

then I was reading dip docs and found the "io" module. But, can I
achieve something similar to what I tought with dip.io?

--
Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
Centro de Biofisica Medica