[PyQt] Loose com pointer when open a qt window

Matteo Boscolo matteo.boscolo at boscolini.eu
Wed Dec 7 08:21:36 GMT 2011

Hi all,
I need some help or idea to a com problem..

I got this class:

class foo(object):
     def setComObject(comObject):
         self.comO=comObject #This is a com object from a cad application

     def showForm(self)
         # use the self.comO to read some information from the cad
application
         # Show the pyqt form as child of cad application
         # do somthing with the form
         # do somthing with the self.comO<----- Here if pass some time
I'm not able to call any method to the com object

a=foo()
o="get istance of a cad application via com"
a.setComObject(o)
a.showForm() #<---- here if pass some time I'm not able to call any
method to the com object

but I I' re call the
a.setComObject(o)  #Faster and I take less the 30 seconds on the form
object it works well

It seems a problem of the garbage collector .. but I'm not sure how to
debug it ..

any help is really appreciated.. it's the last dangerous bug in our
application ...

Regards,
Matteo