[PyQt] QScintilla SCN_MODIFIED problems

Bryan A. Jones bjones at ece.msstate.edu
Tue Dec 20 21:17:50 GMT 2011

All,

I'm using Python 2.7.2 with PyQt-4.8.5 on Windows 7 SP 1. Can anyone help
me connect to the SCN_MODIFIED signal? From the archives at
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2010-May/026726.html,
others have used it. However, this code:

self.plainTextEdit.SCN_MODIFIED.connect(self.on_plainTextEdit_modified)

(where self.plainTextEdit is a QScintilla instance) produces the messages:

Object::connect: No such signal QsciScintilla::SCN_MODIFIED(
int,int,char*,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'plainTextEdit')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\robotics_research\documentation\html_edit.py", line 452, in
<module>
    form = MyWidget('./practicum2Summer2011.c')
  File "C:\robotics_research\documentation\html_edit.py", line 77, in
__init__
    self.plainTextEdit.SCN_MODIFIED.connect(self.on_plainTextEdit_modified)
TypeError: connect() failed between
SCN_MODIFIED(int,int,char*,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)
and unislot()

However, a call to:

self.plainTextEdit.SCEN_CHANGE.connect(self.on_plainTextEdit_modified)

works as expected, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help would be
appreciated!

Bryan

--
Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)