[PyQt] D-Bus support for Windows

Lukas Hetzenecker lukas.hetzenecker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:30:11 GMT 2011

Hello Phil and all interested community members,

I'd like to ask you if you have any plans to add support for Windows
to your D-Bus mainloop implementation.

Some time ago there was a discussion on the dbus mailing list:
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/2mxmYng5gCA0MCJamGh9

The D-Bus server was already ported to Windows and is used
successfully by some applications (e.g. the KDE project).
The only thing that's missing now is any python support (glib also
isn't ported yet). I tried to copy the dbus/ directory from
the Linux source code to the source for Windows and it compiled,
although i couldn't get it to work (more information about
that is in the thread mentioned above).

Is there any chance that we could get this great IPC framework
supported on all major operating systems?

Greetings,
Lukas