[PyQt] Question about QPyDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionPlugin

Tiago Coutinho coutinhotiago at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 08:36:48 GMT 2011

Hello all,

Does anyone have an example on how to code the
QtDesigner.QtDesigner.QPyDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionPlugin?

I am using Qt 4.7.0 and PyQt 4.7.4.

I have coded something like:

class MyCustomWidget1Plugin(QPyDesignerCustomWidgetPlugin):

    def createWidget(self, parent):

class MyCustomWidget2Plugin(QPyDesignerCustomWidgetPlugin):

    def createWidget(self, parent):

class
MyCustomWidgetCollectionPlugin(QPyDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionPlugin):

    def __init__(self, parent=None):
        QPyDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionPlugin.__init__(parent)
        self._plugins =
[ MyCustomWidget1Plugin(self), MyCustomWidget2Plugin(self) ]
        print "CREATED"

    def customWidgets(self):
        return self._plugins

I see both my custom widgets in the designer without a problem but
the MyCustomWidgetCollectionPlugin class never gets instanciated.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tiago