[PyQt] 2 PyQt installation questions

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Feb 1 16:18:14 GMT 2011

Dear Roger,

On Tuesday 01 February 2011, 15:45:48 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 15:17 +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > I've asked tenderly for interest of automatically build ubuntu
> > packages on openSUSEs build service (where I do this for openSUSE
> > all the time). As there was no interest and it's a considerable
> > amount of (unpayed) work, I decided to leave it alone.
>
> OOC, is there a mingw32/64 build on OBS? I agree that OBS is a great
> tool. I use it for other builds. Mainly openSUSE and Windows. That
> last one makes cross platform support sooo much easier!

Yes, the relevant targets are called windows:mingw:win{32,64}, but I
haven't tried them myself, hence I don't know about any related
caveats.

I don't know, if you noticed, but home:frispete:PyQt and
home:frispete:PyQt-next seem to work out pretty fine. The latter gets
automatically updated, whenever Phil releases a new snapshot. It might
be worth sticking our heads together in order to generate a nice
alternative to Phil's windows builds. BTW, what are Phil's packages
lacking?

Yours sincerely,
Pete