[PyQt] refresh 3dplot

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 15:35:58 GMT 2011

hello All

have you never tried to embed a matplotlib 3d graph inside pyqt ?

i'm tring to do it .. but i've problenms to refresh my plot.

The 3d data are displayed ok inside a pyqt simple widget,
but if i try to redraw the image (re-call the on_draw function) ...
i have it overlay the previouse one.

If i add "clear()" at begin of my "on_draw" action,
the plot is update correctly ... and each "on_draw" action give me the correct results ...
but then i'm no more able to move the 3d plot view (but i can only zoom in/out the scene)
the code i'm using is : http://paste.debian.net/106890
at line 22 there is a "def erase(self):" function
if i connect it to the plot i have the image is correctly redraw .. but then i lost the 3d actions
can you give it a try ?

seems thast the "clear()" action broke something ... thanks a lot for any help
to try it .. i've upload the .mat file (just few kbytes)
it is available at :

http://www.geofemengineering.it/data/complexity_depth_grid1.mat

Thank you!

Massimo.