[PyQt] ImportError question

Richard D. Moores rdmoores at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:15:56 GMT 2011

64-bit Windows Vista
Python 3.1.3

Yesterday I downloaded and installed SIP and PyQt for 64-bit Windows.
Both show in C:\Python31\Lib\site-packages\. Thought I'd try to see if
a PyQt example script from Chapter 4 of the Summerfield book would
work, so I could see if the installations went OK. Well, no matter
which script I run (in IDLE), I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\P31Working\pyqtbookcode\chap04\calculate.pyw", line 14, in <module>
    from PyQt4.QtCore import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

What should I do about the DLL load failure?

Thanks,

Dick Moores