[PyQt] SIP with non framework Python

Luca Fiaschi luca.fiaschi at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 23 12:53:27 GMT 2011

Hi all,
On Mac Snow Leopard, I'm trying to compile SIP with a non framework version of python2.7 installed into a non standard location but I can see into the sipconfig.py file of SIP that this feature is blocked for some reason:

        if sys.platform == "darwin":
            # 'real_prefix' exists if virtualenv is being used.
            dl = getattr(sys, 'real_prefix', sys.exec_prefix).split(os.sep)

            if "Python.framework" not in dl:
                error("SIP requires Python to be built as a framework")

Is is then not possible to build SIP with non framework Python? Does PyQt4 give also problems?

Best
Luca