[PyQt] Two QWebView == Segfault?

Robert Siemer Robert.Siemer-riverbankcomputing.co.uk at backsla.sh
Sun Feb 27 19:53:16 GMT 2011

siemer at eee:~$ python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Sep 15 2010, 15:52:39)
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
~/.pystartup loaded.
 >>> from PyQt4 import QtWebKit, QtGui
 >>> q = QtGui.QApplication([])
 >>>
 >>> wv = QtWebKit.QWebView()
 >>> wv2 = QtWebKit.QWebView()
 >>> wv.setHtml('hallo')
 >>> wv2.setHtml('hallo2')
 >>> Segmentation fault
siemer at eee:~$ j

What am I doing wrong? – The segmentation fault does not come
immediately. I have to type something (above I typed “j”).

I tried longer versions, with a QWidget, passing it as parent and
creating a little VBoxLayout. Didn’t help.

My main goal is to (ab)use QWebFrame for simple DOM operations, before
exposing the result to the user. I was thinking about replugging the
documentElement() from one WebFrame to another, but I didn’t even get
that far...

Any ideas??

Robert