[PyQt] Issues Installing

Corey Richardson kb1pkl at aim.com
Wed Jan 12 21:20:47 GMT 2011

Greetings,

I cannot use PyQt. I get the following error when trying to (among other
things), install eric or ninja-ide:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 836, in <module>
    main(sys.argv)
  File "install.py", line 749, in main
    doDependancyChecks()
  File "install.py", line 521, in doDependancyChecks
    from PyQt4.QtCore import qVersion, PYQT_VERSION
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 to v8.1 but the
PyQt4.QtCore module requires API v7.1

I've tried back-grading to older versions of Qt4 and python-sip.
I'm using the default packages that come with Linux Mint (originated
from the Ubuntu repos), though I did compile from source at one point
all the most recent versions of Qt4, PyQt, and sip. (PyQt failed to
install, along with sip). I'm using Linux Mint, Python 2.6.6, and
everything is up-to-date. Has anyone else had this issue, and how did
they resolve it?

Thank you