[PyQt] PyQt inside 3ds Max

zhang jian zhangmdev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:59:03 GMT 2011

Hi,

Anybody is able to run PyQt inside 3ds Max? The popular 3D animation program
does not have Python integrated into itself like its counterpart Maya. There
is BlurPython to do this around, but seems something missing and it does not
work. I have no problem writing a C program to embed Python/PyQt. I also
write a simple Max plug-in can exec Python command within

Py_Initialize();

Py_Finalize();

But as soon as I call

from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui

Max throws exception. Seems there is something to do with the MaxSDK, about
how Max creature UI.

Anybody has similar problems? Any hint should be appreciated.

Thanks,

zhang