[PyQt] Fwd: translation of ui

Yaşar Arabacı yasar11732 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 10:52:09 BST 2011

Hi, me again :)

I got it working but wanted to get an affimation, what do you think of this
approach?

if __name__ == "__main__":
    from locale import getlocale
    from os.path import exists
    app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
    if getlocale()[0]:
        if exists("translations/" + getlocale()[0] + ".qm"):
            translator = QtCore.QTranslator(app)
            translator.load(getlocale()[0] + ".qm", "translations")
            app.installTranslator(translator)
    window = MainWindow()
    window.show()
    sys.exit(app.exec_())