[PyQt] A dire warning message

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Jul 8 07:07:16 BST 2011

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 01:37:35 PM Baz Walter wrote:
> On 08/07/11 02:36, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 03:36:40 AM Baz Walter wrote:
>
> you would need to reboot for it to have an effect, as the plugin would
> still be loaded in memory.
>
> in any case, it's not a real solution to your problem - just a possible
> workaround if you don't want/need the functionality the plugin provides.
>
> really, i can't understand why kde chose to force this plugin on users.
> i appreciate that many people want unified dialogs and so forth, but
> it's pretty rude not to give users the option to disable something which
> affects non-kde applications.

Baz,

Good point!

After deleting the plugin and a reboot:
ak at supremo:~/save$ ls -la /usr/lib/kde4/plugins/gui_platform/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2011-07-08 15:02 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 2011-04-27 21:15 ..
ak at supremo:~/save$
ak at supremo:~/save$ python3 save.py
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid
main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to
call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should
not do that since it most likely will not work
ak at supremo:~/save$

I am leaving the libkde.so in my data partition, just in case..   Thanks for
your help.

OldAl.