[PyQt] Error while building commercial version of PyQt 4.8.4 with Visual Studio 2008

Sateesh Kumar sateeshpyper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:37:16 BST 2011

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and running Python 2.7.
I have installed Qt libraries 4.7.3 for Windows (VS 2008) . I downloaded
the commercial version of PyQt (4.8.4) and SIP (4.12.3).

The sip configuration and installation went fine.

C:\> python
Python 2.7 (r27:82525, Jul  4 2010, 09:01:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>> import sipconfig

The above code runs without any issues.

As a first step to build PyQt when I try to run cofigure.py I keep
get an error dialog with the below contents:

sip.exe - Unable To Locate Component
---------------------------
This application has failed to start because MSVCR90.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
---------------------------

Repairing my Visual Studio 2008 installation didn't fix this error, so I am
not sure where exactly the error is.

If you have faced this error before and were able to resolve this can you
please let me
know how this can be resolved.

Also does using latest development snapshots SIP or PyQt and building them
helps ?

Thanks in advance,
sateesh

Here is the log I get when I run %python configure.py

C:\pyqt_commercial_dir>python configure.py

Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
This is the commercial version of PyQt 4.8.4 (licensed under the PyQt
Commercial License) for Python 2.7 on win32.

Type 'L' to view the license.
Type 'yes' to accept the terms of the license.
Type 'no' to decline the terms of the license.

Do you accept the terms of the license? yes
Found the license file pyqt-commercial.sip.
Checking to see if the QtGui module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtHelp module should be built...
[....]
Checking to see if the QAxContainer module should be built...
Qt v4.7.3 free edition is being used.
SIP 4.12.3 is being used.
The Qt header files are in C:\Qt\4.7.3\include.
The shared Qt libraries are in C:\Qt\4.7.3\lib.
The Qt binaries are in C:\Qt\4.7.3\bin.
The Qt mkspecs directory is in C:\Qt\4.7.3.
These PyQt modules will be built: QtCore, QtGui, QtHelp, QtMultimedia,
QtNetwork, QtDeclarative, QtOpenGL, QtScript, QtScriptTools, QtSql, QtSvg,
QtTest, QtWebKit, QtXml, QtXmlPatterns, phonon, QtDesigner, QAxContainer.
The PyQt Python package will be installed in C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages.
PyQt is being built with generated docstrings.
The Designer plugin will be installed in C:\Qt\4.7.3\plugins\designer.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in C:\Python27\sip\PyQt4.
pyuic4, pyrcc4 and pylupdate4 will be installed in C:\Python27.
Generating the C++ source for the QtCore module...
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

(At this point the above mentioned error dialog pops up)