[PyQt] Where to start

Brickle Macho bricklemacho at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:07:12 BST 2011

Hi all,

New to the PyQt, have basic application working.  I have been working
through Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt and have basic programs
running.

I am trying to do is display an image, and then using drag-selection to
select a sub-image for later processing.   Eventually I want to be able
to select multiple regions and tag each region for appropruate back end
processing, but for now just being able to select one sub-image would be
good.      I can display an image, but don't know how to implement
drag-selection (think it is also know as rubber band selection).  I am
assuming I will need to write some mouse-callbacks or something.  My
search-fu has failed me and I haven't been able to find any examples to
study.    Can someone give me any pointers to which widgets I should be
using and perhaps where to find a sample program I can study.

If you need more information please ask.

Thanks,

Brickle.