[PyQt] PyQt-mac-gpl-snapshot-4.8.5 fails to compile on Mac Pro under 10.6.7

Jean-Baptiste Marquette marquett at iap.fr
Mon Jun 13 22:10:09 BST 2011

Dear PyQt gurus,

I try to install the latest PyQt4 snapshot on my Mac Pro, and got the following error:

ld: warning: ignoring file /Library/Frameworks//Python.framework/Python, missing required architecture x86_64 in file
  "_PyImport_ImportModule", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::getModuleAttr(char const*, char const*)in pluginloader.o
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyErr_Print", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::getModuleAttr(char const*, char const*)in pluginloader.o
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyObject_GetAttrString", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::getModuleAttr(char const*, char const*)in pluginloader.o
  "_Py_IsInitialized", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_Py_Initialize", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyString_FromString", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyList_Append", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyModule_GetDict", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyType_IsSubtype", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyObject_CallObject", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyObject_CallFunctionObjArgs", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyLong_AsVoidPtr", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
  "_PyDict_Next", referenced from:
      PyCustomWidgets::PyCustomWidgets(QObject*)in pluginloader.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libpythonplugin.bundle] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

This is quite strange as the same install succeeds on my MacBook Pro under (hopefully...) the same configuration.

Any hint welcome, thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Jean-Baptiste