[PyQt] QProgressDialog broked in PyQt -4.8.4-1

Donovan Parks donovan.parks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 20:12:01 BST 2011

Hello,

I recently upgraded from PyQt 4.8.2 (Windows 7, 32-bit, Py2.6) to
4.8.4-1. Everything appears to work fine except QProgressDialog
dialogs which no longer appear. That is, the dialog box does not
display at all. I noticed in PyQt 4.8.2 that the dialog box appears
immediately and did not respect the setting of  minimumDuration(). I'm
guessing this was 'fixed' in the latest version. However, setting
minimumDuration() to zero (or any value) or creating a several second
(> 10) delay still does not result in the dialog box being displayed.

Is this a known issue? I'm new to PyQt, is there a method for
reporting bugs? Is it possible to obtain older versions of PyQt (i.e.
to revert to 4.8.2)?

Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers,
Donovan