[PyQt] selecting an item in qtreeview

Jason Rahm J.Rahm at F5.com
Wed Jun 29 23:02:45 BST 2011

Sorry, forgot to include specs: PyQt version is 4.7, python is 2.7.1.

From: pyqt-bounces at riverbankcomputing.com [mailto:pyqt-bounces at riverbankcomputing.com] On Behalf Of Jason Rahm
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:48 PM
To: pyqt at riverbankcomputing.com
Subject: [PyQt] selecting an item in qtreeview

When using qtreewidget, I can use the itemClicked method to then call a def:

self.treeWidget_iRulesList.itemClicked.connect(self.displayRule)

However, I hit a wall in trying to pass data around this way, so I watched some tutorials on how to set up a model view and abstract the data from the GUI components.  This involved switching from a treeWidget to a treeView.  This works great in populating the tree, but now I don't know how to signal a clicked item and pass that item (and the tree parent it belongs to) to my displayRule def.  Any thoughts?