[PyQt] Where may I get older Windows builds?

Vladimir Rutsky rutsky.vladimir at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:09:45 BST 2011

Hello!

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Where may I get older Windows builds of pyQt 4.7.x ?
>
> The new 4.8.x has regression in SVG rendering, which I can't hunt down yet.
>
> --
> -Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"
questions: where the hell old builds or at least sources for old
versions of PyQt can be found?

I tried to find old builds of PyQt by myself without any success. All
that I found is different Linux distribution packages with older
builds --- you can try to download and build them (which should be
painful or even impossible, because they often remove all
windows-related stuff for building to reduce package size).

Also I didn't found public repository of PyQt to get sources and even
public bug tracker --- quite important things for truly open source
project. So personally I prefer using PySide (LGPL) - Python binding
for Qt similar to PyQt: http://www.pyside.org/ which has public
repository, bug tracker, wiki...

Best wishes,

Vladimir Rutsky