[PyQt] multiple languages within the same application

Samuele Carcagno sam.carcagno at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:34:19 GMT 2011

Hi all,

is it possible to have different parts of an application translated into different languages?
For example  say that an application has two buttons, would it be possible to have the
label of button1 translated in Italian and the label of button2 translated in French?

If it is possible, how would I go about it? The QApplication.installTranslator() function seems
to affect the application globally, and I don't see an easy way to select a particular translator
for a specific widget or group of widgets.

Cheers,

Sam