[PyQt] Issue with selected cells in a QTableView

Vicent Mas uvemas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:14:49 GMT 2011

On 2011-03-22 "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj at urpla.net> said:

> On Tuesday 22 March 2011, 20:50:18 Vicent Mas wrote:

> > > Maybe my poor English does another victim... :)
> >
> > Or maybe it is just me.
> >
> > > I don't understand why, inside the updateView method, you
> > > disconnect and then reconnect the signal "selectionChanged". I
> > > think that that signal isn't emitted if the model changed, but only
> > > if the user changes the selection.
> > >
> > > If you don't do that (disconnecting and reconnecting the signal,
> > > not launching the updateView) do you have a not so good performarce
> > > or what? :)
> >
> > Let's see it one more time. One thing is the minimal script attached
> > to this thread and other thing is the real code. In the script
> > connecting/disconnecting the signal has the only mission of reproduce
> > the buggy behavior of the real code. The script would work just fine
> > without connecting/disconnecting, that's clear for everybody. The
> > real code is different because there the connect/disconnect trick is
> > meaningful. Please, note that I'm not saying that
> > connecting/disconnecting is the only solution to my problem. As I've
> > already said I'm looking for alternatives or workarounds.
>
> Vicent, have you tried signal blocking/unblocking? Connecting/
> disconnecting signals does a lot of churn behind the scenes..
>
> Pete

Hi,

first of all, thanks to Pavel and Pete.

Pavel, I didn't realise I've disconnected everything from the signal not only
the trackSelection slot. It fixes things in the script. I'll check if it do the
same in the real code.

Pete, yes I was considering blocking/unblocking since a few minutes ago. I've
never used it so I suppose that is why it has taken to me so long to consider
this possibility.

Once again thanks to both of you (and to other contributors to this thread, of
course).

Vicent

::

	Share what you know, learn what you don't