[PyQt] Passing itemclicked to another action

Jason Rahm J.Rahm at F5.com
Mon May 9 16:25:15 BST 2011

The item clicked in the treeWidget is successfully passed to the displayRule def as shown below.  I also have an action, actionSave, that I would like to pass the item to when triggered.  What's the best way to accomplish that?  I thought about just passing as an additional object in the signal, but it doesn't like that.  Any advice would be appreciated.

def __init__(self):

  self.treeWidget_iRulesList.itemClicked.connect(self.displayRule)

  self.actionSave.triggered.connect(self.saveRule)

def displayRule(self, item):
        for i in ltm_rules:
            if i.rule_name == item.text(0):
                self.textEdit_ScriptCanvas.setText(i.rule_definition)