[PyQt] overriding QAbstractFileEngine::beginEntryList

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 24 08:49:35 BST 2011

On 24.05.11 09:33:31, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> QAbstractFileEngine is a great way to expose data as a file system. I'd like to
> use it in PyQt4. I've implemented a working test program in C++ and attempted
> to implement the same version in PyQt4. Yet, the function
> QAbstractFileEngine::beginEntryList is not being called.

Just in case you haven't seen that yet, Nokia is going to drop
QAbstractFileEngine for Qt5. I think they even deprecate the class and
all related ones in Qt4.8 and add a new Filesystem-API that does not go
through the file-engine stuff (or maybe they just change the existing
classes, not sure right now).

Andreas