[PyQt] Doxygen and PyQt

Jonathan Harper jon at white-walls.net
Sat Nov 5 14:11:39 GMT 2011

I've been working with Doxygen and DoxyPy to generate API documentation on a
moderately-sized project I'm working on. So far, Doxygen is proving a great
tool, but while it was designed with Qt in mind and it supports Python, it
doesn't understand PyQt. I'm trying to find out if it is possible to get
Doxygen to recognize signals and slots, as it does with C++/Qt. I'm hoping
someone else has run into this or knows of a project/solution.

Curiously, Doxygen /does/ understand Python properties, but pyqtProperty is
turned into a static member returning a tuple. pyqtSignal, of course, it
gets completely confused about.

Has anyone run into this or have advice? Should I be looking at a different
method for generating API documentation?

Thanks,

Jonathan Harper