[PyQt] libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Wed Nov 9 12:33:59 GMT 2011

Since updating from PyQt4.8.5 to PyQt4.5.6-1 using the
PyQt-Py3.2-x86-gpl-4.8.6-1.exe
<http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Downloads/PyQt4/PyQt-Py3.2-x86-gpl-4.8.6-1.exe>
Windows 32 bit installer on Windows7, I'm getting the following warnings:

    libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using
    png_read_image
    get_buffer() failed (stride changed)

There don't appear to be any problems in running my program, so I'm just
ignoring it for now, but it is annoying. Anyone have any ideas about
this or how to stop the warnings?

Best regards,
Tim