[PyQt] can SIP 3.3 and PyQt 3.3, built with Python 2.7.1 ?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Thu Nov 10 09:58:54 GMT 2011

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 22:50:45 -0800, "Vivek Narvekar"
<Vivek.Narvekar at mscsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hello Phil,
>
> I was trying to build SIP 3.3 and PyQt 3.3, with Python 2.7.1 and was
able
> to build SIP successfully.
> Then, I tried building PyQt, where, the first module ie qt module got
> build successfully.
> but there was a linking error, while building qtgl module as follows
>
> sipqtglQGLContext.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "private: stat
> ic class QGLContext * QGLContext::currentCtx"
> (?currentCtx at QGLContext@@0PEAV1 at EA
> ) referenced in function "public: static class QGLContext const *
__cdecl
> QGLCon
> text::currentContext(void)" (?currentContext at QGLContext@@SAPEBV1 at XZ)
> r:\bld\release\python\win64\Lib\site-packages\libqtglc.pyd : fatal error
> LNK1120
> : 1 unresolved externals
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"R:\imports\qt\qt3\bin\nmake.exe"' : return
> code '0x
> 2'
> Stop.
>

> I checked out qgl.h and found that QGLContext had following definition
>
> class QM_EXPORT_OPENGL QGLContext : public QGL
> {
> public:
>    	// some member functions
>     static const QGLContext*	currentContext();
>
> protected:
> 	// some member functions
>
> private:
> 	// some member functions
>     static QGLContext*	currentCtx;
> };
>
> What could be the possible reason for this ?

I don't know. You need to verify whether or not the problem is with your
Qt installation - it might be looking at the error message. Otherwise you
are going to have to hack at the .sip files to remove (or add) anything
that might be causing the problem.