[PyQt] PyQt4.Gui.QFileDialog

Janwillem jwevandijk at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 31 07:07:00 GMT 2011

I want a small script with just a few filedialogs not a full blown gui
application . However when I try the code below the dialog does not
disappear after clicking the Open button on the dialog  but stays on top
until the script exits. What am I doing wrong??
Thanks, Janwillem

def open_files(default_dir=None):
    """Returns list of filenames optionally given a default dir"""
    from sys import argv
    from os import environ
    from PyQt4.QtGui import QApplication, QFileDialog,QWidget
    if default_dir == None:
        default_dir = environ['HOME']
    app = QApplication(argv)
    fdialog = QFileDialog
    filenames = fdialog.getOpenFileNames(directory=default_dir)
    app.exit()
    return list(filenames)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    from PyQt4.QtCore import QT_VERSION_STR