[PyQt] Errors when quitting event loop

Jugdish jugdizh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:18:51 BST 2012

I'm getting some strange error messages every time I close my PyQt app, but
not in consistent places.

Errors such as these:

*pyqtSignal must be bound to a QObject, not 'ImageLoader'*

(ImageLoader is a subclass of QObject, and I make sure to call the super's
constructor in the __init__)

*QObject::startTimer: QTimer can only be used with threads started with
QThread*

(I'm not spawning any additional QThreads)

*File "/path/to/file.py", line 11, in eventFilter
*
*   if event.type() == QtCore.QEvent.Show:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'QEvent'*

What seems to be happening is, during exit of the event loop, classes are
getting cleaned up in a very strange way, their __mro__ goes away before
the class itself does, or the class becomes 'None' when there are still
references to it elsewhere.

Any idea why this could be happening, or what I can do to further
troubleshoot the issue at hand?

Thanks