[PyQt] Segfault when the dbus connection is lost

Scott Kitterman debian at kitterman.com
Sat Apr 14 20:58:59 BST 2012

On Saturday, April 14, 2012 06:16:00 PM Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 13:07:58 -0400, Scott Kitterman <debian at kitterman.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

> >>reproduce

> >>time;
> >>VM it happens every time.

> >>some simple way to fix it that I'm missing.

> >>PyQt,

> >>Should be fixed in tonight's PyQt snapshot.
> >>
> > I suspect I will be able to figure it out by diffing the two snapshots,
> > but I'd appreciate it if you would provide the patch that fixes this so
> we can apply it to the current release.  Ubuntu is very close to release,
> so they aren't in a position to wait for the next PyQt release.
> >
> > Scott K
>
> Attached.
>
> Why wasn't the bug (which is 5 years old) not reported upstream earlier?

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

I've only recently started helping with PyQt maintenance, primarily in Debian,
but also some in Ubuntu.  It was initially reported as a PyKDE bug.
Personally, I'm working my way through old bugs to try and get things caught
up, but with some of them it's really hard to know which ones are still valid.

It was reported now because Alejandro had come up with a reduced test case and
I encouraged him to join the list and report it.

Scott K