[PyQt] Signals arriving after proxy slots deleted

Andrew Suffield asuffield at suffields.me.uk
Sun Apr 15 12:02:32 BST 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:45:02AM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 22:33:02 +0100, Andrew Suffield
> <asuffield at suffields.me.uk> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 03:14:28PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> >> Once the C++ disconnect() has completed then it shouldn't matter if the
> >> proxy is still around or not. Has the disconnect() actually succeeded?
> >
> > Hmm, interesting question. How do I tell?
>
> By checking the return value of disconnect().

Returns None every time. I'm not sure what that means.

Just to throw another symptom on the pile, I found out more or less by
chance that this:

self.current.finished.disconnect(self.handle_finished)

is fine, whereas this:

self.current.finished.disconnect()

triggers the issue. Obviously the former doesn't use the
deleteSlotProxies code path. Fairly sure there's only one connection
here.