[PyQt] simpletreemodel example still throwing an error on exit

Brian Knudson briank at pipelinefx.com
Mon Aug 13 16:44:07 BST 2012

Hello,

  From the mail archives in March 2010, I see that simpletreemodel was throwing an error on exit.  Phil responded saying that things were being destroyed in the wrong order on exit & that there would be a fix put into that night's snapshot.  I don't believe the change ever made it into the source tree, as it still exhibits this behavior.

  How can this example be fixed?  I'm seeing the same error in my code (which is based largely off simpletreemodel) & would like to know what's wrong.

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:18:33 +0000
Subject: [PyQt] simpletreemodel throwing error

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:11:35 +0100, "Sebastian Elsner"
<sebastianelsner at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the simple tree model example seems to work fine at first, but when
closed

> the terminal prints:
>
> QObject::startTimer: QTimter can only be used with threads started with
> QThread
>
> I run the example unchanged from within Eclipse with Pydev using the
> latest PyQt 4.7 on Windows XP 64bit SP2.
>
> What is wrong here? Can it be ignored?

It's another example of things being destroyed in the wrong order when an
application terminates.

I've changed things (in tonight's snapshot) so that all top level widgets
are explicitly destroyed before the QApplication instance.

Phil

Thanks,
-Brian