[PyQt] Issue with latest PyQt4 snapshot and Qt 5.0.0

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Dec 21 11:01:08 GMT 2012

Hello,

I built and installed Qt 5.0.0 myself on my openSUSE 12.2 machine. Everything
compiled and installed fine. However, when I tried to configure the latest PyQt4
snapshot with a command like

~/py3qt50env/bin/python configure.py -b ~/py3qt50env/bin/ -v ~/py3qt50env/sip -
c -j8

I am getting an error

Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
Error: Unable to find the qmake configuration file
/usr/local/Qt-5.0.0/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf. Use the QMAKESPEC environment
variable to specify the correct platform.

I checked the Qt5 installation and indeed, there is no default directory. How
can I tell configure.py which mkspec to use (other than through QMAKESPEC)?

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach