[PyQt] Trying to install Eric 4

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 04:30:55 GMT 2012

This seems like mostly a pyqt problem, as far as I know.  From my logs:

I have qt4-4.7.3p0 also qt3-mt-3.8p5, using qmake from 4
I have python-2.7.1p9, also python-2.5.4p13, using 2.7.1
I have QScintilla-gpl-2.7 and installed Python bindings
I have py-qt4-4.8.4p0v0 (OpenBSD name for PyQt-x11-gpl-4.8.4.tar.gz)

>From the eric4-4.5.7 install:

freebie# python2.7 install.py
Checking dependencies
Python Version: 2.7.1
Found PyQt4
Found QtHelp
Sorry, please install QScintilla2 and
it's PyQt4 wrapper.
Error: Cannot load specified object

What specified object?

In the QScintilla files there's a Python dir, I installed that after
the main QScintilla install.  Is there something else to bind it to
PyQt?  I'm running OpenBSD 5.0, building from sources (no binary
packages, RPMs etc.).  Things were going well until this.  I'm not
sure f it wants something else or if it's not finding something that's
already installed.

  Alan

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX