[PyQt] Gui best practice

paolo at paolodestefani.it paolo at paolodestefani.it
Mon Feb 27 20:07:05 GMT 2012

Hello
I'm trying to understand how to manage ui files from qtdesigner in the
best way. I see in the examples that i have 2 options:
- use pyuic4.bat utility to translate ui file in a python class (included
in a module) that create the graphical interface through the setupUi()
method
- load the ui file directly in the class definition with the functions
uic.loadUiType()or uic.loadUi() (like in the example\pyuic directory)

As i see that few peoples like the second option i'm asking myself why. It
looks for me faster, what's wrong with this ?