[PyQt] Problem on insert rows when using QTreeView with QSortFilterProxyModel

Gabriel Reis gabrielcnr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:05:24 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have a tree data structure which I'm trying to display on a QTreeView,
using a QSortFilterProxyModel with a QAbstractItemModel as its source. The
problem is when I try to add/insert data into my data structure my
application crashes without any exceptions or warning messages. It simply
dies silently.

I published two source codes pretty much similar to each other on pastebin:

- http://pastebin.com/xMjukTcK - The version of the code using the
QTreeView connected directly to the QAbstractItemModel, without the proxy.
There the insert rows works fine, when I click the "Go" button.

- http://pastebin.com/8trLpxLF - The version of the code using the
QTreeView connected to the QSortFilterProxyModel. There the insert rows
causes the application to crash silently, when clicking the "Go" button.

I tried a few different approaches, but got the result over and over again,
then I decided to try some help in here to see if someone could please shed
a light.

Extra useful information about my current environment:
* Ubuntu Linux 11.10
* Python 2.7.2
* PyQt version 4.8.6
* Qt version 4.7.4