[PyQt] GraphicsView and Opengl

Peter Würtz pwuertz at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 22 11:23:16 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm having trouble using QGraphicsView on a QGLWidget. I'm getting a
white window and errors like this these:
QGLShader: could not create shader
Vertex shader for simpleShaderProg (MainVertexShader &
PositionOnlyVertexShader) failed to compile

This is an example application triggering the problem:
http://pastebin.com/R0aa8ejs

The 'same' program works flawlessly when using C++/Qt. I'm seeing the
exact behavior when using PySide instead of PyQt4 by the way. Is there
some special treatment required when using python + opengl?

My system is Ubuntu 11.10, opengl is provided by the nvidia driver.

Thanks in advance.