[PyQt] Build SIP for 64bit Python v2.7 on a Windows 7 platform

Brian Kelley kelley at eyesopen.com
Wed Jul 4 16:41:10 BST 2012

Here are the steps I follow:

(1) download python x64 from python 2.7

Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (2.7)<http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7/python-2.7.amd64.msi>

(2) I install this into c:\Python27_64, so I can have both 32 and 64 bit installs separated.  If you install both, you will have a bad time.

(3) run a windows command prompt that sets up the 64 bit dev tools.  You can find the proper batch script in your Visual Studio install

(4) unzip sip somewhere

Once you have satisfied these, from the command prompt

c:\Python27_64\python.exe configure.py
nmake
nmake install

Cheers.