[PyQt] Compiler Flags and PyQt

Scott Kitterman debian at kitterman.com
Sun Jun 24 17:05:15 BST 2012

Passing the CCPFLAGS via CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS as discussed yesterday worked great
for SIP4.  I it mostly working for PyQT, but it doesn't appear that
QtCore/QtGui and the Designer plugin aren't getting the all flags.  I'm passing
these flags:

CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-
security -Werror=format-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
CXXFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-
security -Werror=format-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro

It looks like QtCore/QtGui aren't getting the CXXFLAGS and the plugin isn't
getting the LFLAGS.  Please see the attached build log with Python 2.7 (it's
the same with 2.6 and 3.2).  I'd appreciate any
advice on this.

Scott K