[PyQt] PyQt Phonon video player memory leak

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 8 08:56:38 BST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Judd Simantov <juddsim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm creating an instance of Phonon.VideoPlayer in my UI and every time
> I instantiate the player it allocates about 40mb or memory I can't
> seem to get back. This is the call:
>
>  player = Phonon.VideoPlayer(Phonon.VideoCategory,self)
>
> I've tried player.stop(), del player, I've done a sip delete,
> player.deleteLater() and player.destroy() but none seem to free up the
> memory.
>
> Has anyone run into the same problem?

The usual first question in such cases is: How did you measure the
memory-situation, i.e. how do you know the memory is not free'd up again?
Can you provide the valgrind logfile indicating the memory leak? Does the
memory usage of your app increase by 40M each time you re-create the player
object?

Andreas