[PyQt] Evasive TypeError: 'int' object is not callable - hints to cause

preisig Heinz.Preisig at chemeng.ntnu.no
Wed May 9 08:17:22 BST 2012

Hi,

there are now some hints to why the problem occurs. The problem, not
necessary error, is in the executive. It signals a excepthook and
dispatches a message, which may or may not be meaningful, but likely
not. Search on the net indicates that the problem is in the python
executive causing a stack problem, probably an overflow.

Probably not much one can do about at least not from the user end.

Interesting to the community may be that the problem is reduced by not
using the method parentItem() in Qt's graphics system. Once I  passed
the parent as a parameter, the big bulk of error messages disappeared.
Current status is that the message only appears in connection with using
the rubber band. So it is still there, but it has greatly reduced and
most important of all: the error is not in the user code, except than
there is something in the choice of the configuration of the graphics
system or the way the problem is solved.

Cheers,
Heinz Preisig