[PyQt] RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type QNetworkCookieJar has been deleted

Joe Borġ mail at jdborg.com
Mon Nov 26 15:05:25 GMT 2012

Hi All,

Having some trouble with a example I'm using to try and make a web browser.

If you look here
http://code.google.com/p/devicenzo/source/browse/trunk/devicenzo.py there
is an example for a web browser in PyQt that I've looked at to try and get
cookies working on my own.  The problem is that it has the same issue as
mine.  If you run it (opening a site that dumps a cookie), open a tab,
close that tab and then try and open another tab (happens a lot).  Then you
get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qtwk.py", line 62, in closeEvent
    self.put("cookiejar", [str(c.toRawForm()) for c in
self.cookies.allCookies()])
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type QNetworkCookieJar has been
deleted

Does anyone know why closing the tab is sending the destruct signal to the
self.cookies instance?  And how to fix it.

Many thanks,
Joseph David Borġ
http://www.jdborg.com