[PyQt] QtCore.QAbstractItemModel.beginMoveRows missing in pyqt 4.7.3?

Jake Richards blaven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 20:39:58 GMT 2012

Hello:
  At work, we've got pyqt 4.7.3 installed on our linux boxes.  While trying
to subclass a QAbstractItemModel, I've found that it doesn't seem to have a
beginMoveRows or endMoveRows.  Here is some terminal output:

>>> QtCore.PYQT_VERSION_STR
'4.7.3'
>>> QtCore.QAbstractItemModel.beginMoveRows
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: type object 'QAbstractItemModel' has no attribute
'beginMoveRows'

The docs I have say it was added in version 4.6 but for some reason I can't
find it here at work.  If I need to reimplement this functions, is it
basically:

self.emit(QtCore.SIGNAL("layoutAboutToBeChanged()"))
#change internal list of data
#do something with changePersistentIndex
self.emit(QtCore.SIGNAL("layoutChanged()"))

?

What exactly do I need to do with changePersistentIndex?
Thank you!

Jake