[PyQt] Weird behavior in fromMimeData method (pyScintilla)

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 22:16:00 BST 2012

Hi all,
I am not sure if this is the rigth place to ask!

I created a small console to execute python command by using Qscintilla
python bindings but something doesnt work with MIME data.

My code is:

def fromMimeData(self, source):
        if source.hasText():
            pasteList = QStringList()
            pasteList = source.text().split("\n")
            if (len(pasteList) > 1):
              self.move_cursor_to_end()
            for line in pasteList[:-1]:
                self.append(line)
                self.move_cursor_to_end()
                self.runCommand(unicode(self.currentCommand()))
            self.append(unicode(pasteList[-1]))
            self.move_cursor_to_end()

First question: when I paste some text in console and run command I get:

TypeError: invalid result type from PythonEdit.fromMimeData()

How I can avoid it?

Second question: If in my console I typed some text ( e.g def
blablabla(self): ) and then
I want edit it by replacing "self" with "source" by using paste command,
the pasted text
is placed at the end of the current line and not between brace getting the
following result:

def blablabla(self):source

Any idea on how I can solve it?

Regards,