[PyQt] show dialog

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 4 10:52:53 BST 2013

On 04/04/13 18:22, Glenn Linderman wrote:
Thanks again Glenn,

> your spelling SatelliteListDialog earlier, and now satListDialog. Of
> course you need to be consistent... or maybe the former is the class or
> function, and the latter is the file name.  Under that theory, you
> should reference
>
> self.dialog = satListDialog.SatelliteListDialog()

Yes, that's correct. One is the class name and the other is the file
name. I've always used upper case for the class names under C++.

> If that works, you are well on your way to understanding it, or at least
> figuring it out.

I sorted the problem shortly after receiving your previous reply. I also
had accidentally commented out a line in the dialog class which didn't help.

> You should stay on-list to get help, although I don't mind in this
> instance, I understand you probably realized you have a newbie problem,
> and don't want to waste the list bandwidth. But if you need more help,
> with your carved down files that repeat the problem, post that to the list.

This particular mailing list, under Thunderbird, has caused me to reply
to the sender rather than to the list on a couple of occasions. I had to
copy and past the mailing address into this post to get it to go to the
correct address.

Thanks again for your response.

--
Regards,