[PyQt] QSql Timeout for Slow Connections

Ryan Hanson crossrocker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 20:53:55 BST 2013

I am working on a program that needs to write data back to a remote
database. The location that needs this program has a high latency internet
connection that is spotty at best. The problem I am having is that when the
internet connection is down it takes two minutes or so for
QSqlDatabase.open() to report that it can't connect to the remote server.

I am wondering if there is a way I can reduce this down to around thirty
seconds or so?